We strongly encourage people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ individuals to apply.
This is a fulltime benefit eligible position
Perks of working for Minnesota Community Care
- We cover 70% of your medical and dental benefits
- Career Advancement fund opportunities after 1 year of employment
- Student loan forgiveness opportunities for some roles
- Reduced cost on metro transit
- Our staff thrive in an environment where uplifting each other is one of our core values
The clinical therapist provides mental health and ancillary services in school based clinics. They provide ongoing individual therapy, resource referral and/or crisis response as needed. They develop and facilitate therapeutic groups as needed. The clinical therapist will work with other program team members to develop, implement and evaluate patient care plans. They collaborate with school staff as needed in providing support and care to school based clinic patients.
- Seek to understand and meet the needs of customers (patients, families, vendors, coworkers, etc.) through respectful, courteous and culturally sensitive interactions.
- Actively participate and work positively, flexibly and cooperatively in a team effort within and across departments to accomplish the goals of the organization.
- Demonstrate effective, culturally sensitive communication skills and effectively communicate verbally and in writing with a variety of people.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of data systems, including medical charts, encounter forms and tracking of patient activities.
- Actively participates and works positively, flexibly and cooperatively in a team effort within and across departments to accomplish the goals of the organization.
- Demonstrates effective, culturally sensitive communication skills and effectively communicates verbally and in writing with a variety of people.
- Knows, understands and adheres to the organizational policy related to the patient’s rights for confidential care.
- Does not supervise other staff
- May supervise interns and volunteers
- May provide clinical supervision to other providers in the organization if they meet the requirements
- Works within the scope of the job description with general direction and consults others as needed
As Minnesota's largest Federally Qualified Health Center, Minnesota Community Care ensures that the communities we serve have access to high quality and affordable health care.
Approximately 87% of our patients in the 2019 calendar year were people of color from Asian, African American, American Indian or Latino communities, and 98% of our patients had incomes below 200% of federal poverty guidelines.