Come grow with us!
Pacific Coast Fruit Company is a local, family-owned produce distributor that has proudly served our Pacific Northwest retail, wholesale, and foodservice customers since 1977. We are now one of the largest independent produce distributors in the Northwest with distribution centers in Portland, Oregon, and Seattle (Kent), Washington.
Our employees are a big part of our success, and we truly believe the words of our founder, Emil Nemarnik, who often said, “Take good care of your employees, customers, shippers, and farmers and they will make you successful.” As a Class A Driver, you’ll not only earn a competitive hourly wage and comprehensive benefits but also open doors to a wide variety of advancement opportunities. Pacific Coast Fruit Company takes pride in developing employees and recruiting from within, and we hope this position is just the beginning of your career with us!
Our Drivers touch the freight! This position is responsible for the delivery of product to the customers of Pacific Coast Fruit. Duties include checking orders for accuracy, inspect for damage, and rotating product into stock for customers. Picking up product at various vendors checking it for quality and quantity and returning to Pacific Coast.
What you’ll do…
- Pick up paperwork in the office, check to shortlist and load any additional product needed.
- Do a complete pre-trip inspection of the vehicle.
- Deliver product to customers, checking off the orders for accuracy.
- Have customers sign for product or collect money for COD customers after completing delivery to customer’s satisfaction.
- Pick up product from vendors and check orders for accuracy.
- Upon completion of route return to Pacific Coast and do a post-trip inspection.
- Operate and monitor all equipment professionally and safely including manual and electric pallet jacks, hand truck,s and vehicles.
- Must maintain a professional demeanor with speaking with employees, customers, and management.
- Drivers typically have 7-15 stops per day.
- Other duties may be assigned.