World Food Program USA, a nonprofit organization based in Washington, DC, proudly supports the mission of the United Nations World Food Programme by mobilizing American policymakers, businesses and individuals to advance the global movement to end hunger. Our leadership and support help to bolster an enduring American legacy of feeding families in need around the world.
OVERALL POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Manager, Development Support is primarily responsible for managing donor care services and gift processing operations, as well as internal coordination of development team-wide projects, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship related activities.
- Managing donor acknowledgments processes to ensure donors are thanked and acknowledged in a timely and personalized manner commensurate with their level of giving
- Oversee servicing of donor inquiries, gift registration, and accurate record-keeping in constituent database
- Work in close collaboration with members of the individual, foundation, and corporate philanthropy teams to ensure all communication, collateral and stewardship needs are met
- Lead and facilitate stewardship efforts, including related projects, vendor management, follow-up, and quality control
- Coordinate the production of up-to-date stewardship collaterals in partnership with Global Program Specialist and other team members for use by the development team
- Manage vendor relationships, and contracts related to donor care and gift processing
- Ensure operational efficiency and consistency
- Monitor costs; process invoices; and proactively identify and resolve potential cost overruns or other issues.
- Work with operations team to maintain a seamless financial reconciliation each month
- Supervise, mentor, and train associate-level staff
- Other duties as assigned