Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Some knowledge of animal handling, behavior and basic health needs.
- Ability to use telephone, calculator, veterinary equipment, passenger vehicles.
- Ability to be trained in the proper use of specialized animal control and care equipment
- Ability to maintain a positive working relationships with co-workers, the public and other agencies and organizations.
- Ability to be trained in animal control procedures.
- Must be able to read, write and speak intelligibly.
- Ability to be trained in basic Animal Control Law and regulations..
Must be able to perform basic life functions including climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
Must be able to perform heavy work exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Must possess visual acuity for driving a vehicle, evaluating the activities of animals, and reading.
Desirable Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent. Some experience with domestic and/or wild animals.
Must have a valid NC Driver’s License.
**This position will work up to 19 hours per week; Must work Holidays and weekends, and be flexible for hours during the week. Daytime hours only, between 8:30am and 5pm.