- Three or more years of experience in facility maintenance or closely related field.
- Mechanical and electrical experience required
- Must have above-average knowledge of one of the trades (i.e. plumbing, carpentry, HVAC, masonry, painting, landscaping, electrical and other wiring, general construction, etc.).
- Ability to read and interpret instructions, procedures, manuals, and other documents.
- Ability to report and record maintenance requests.
- Knowledge of cleaning methods, painting and equipment.
- Basic understanding of the upkeep and care of equipment.
- NJ Drivers license with clean driving record.
- Black Seal License within 1 year of employment.
- CPO certification required within 6 months of employment.
- Experience with routine repairs including plumbing and electrical.
- Understanding of cleaning compounds and chemicals, and their safe, efficient use.
- Sufficient physical strength and agility to carry out essential duties.
- Ability to work in excess of a 40-hour week with irregular work hours.
- Overtime hours must be approved prior to working the hours.
- Ability to erect and stand on ladders and platforms at heights up to 30 feet.
- Ability to work with paint, cleaning equipment, chemical compounds, solvents, cleaners, and solutions in dry, liquid, powder, spray, and aerosol forms.
- Ability to paint, clean equipment, and operate motorized equipment as needed.
- Ability to work in conditions that will create dirt and dust.
- Ability to perform essential maintenance to facility or equipment which may involve, but not limited to the following activities: semi reaching to full-reach overhead; crouching; kneeling; shoveling; carrying, working in narrow and/or confining spaces: underground, overhead, and at ground level; twisting of the waist, shoulders, and legs; and lying on stomach and/or back.
- Ability to operate tools, machinery as necessary.
- Potential exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids is possible. Able to administer first aid.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency.
- Ability to withstand a wide range of outside temperatures heat, cold, wind, rain.
Notice to All Applicants:
The Madison Area YMCA provides equal employment opportunity without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/reassignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
The YMCA maintains a "Zero Tolerance" for child abuse and/or substance abuse. Criminal background check and other federal or state screenings for child abuse will be conducted.