- Ability to use navigation tools such as onboard GPS, smartphone apps, and/or web-based or physical maps.
- Ability to maintain accurate logs and records
- Ability to carry out a series of instructions with limited supervision
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Class A or B CDL license with hazmat endorsements required
- Propane certification required
- Ability to obtain Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC)
- No more than 1 moving violation in the previous 2 years
- 3+ years tractor and trailer experience in propane and/or fuel distribution business preferred
- 1+ years tanker experience within the last 5 years preferred
- 100,000 miles’ minimum
Physical, Mental, and Behavioral Requirements:
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by the incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Position requires the ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to heavy weights of 20 to 100 lbs. for approximately 90% of the work shift.
- Ability to regularly climb in and out of a commercial motor vehicle, multiple times per work shift
- Good hand eye coordination, arm hand and finger dexterity, including the ability to grasp and visual acuity to operate equipment is required, including at night
- Frequent sitting, reaching with hands and arms
- Must be able to speak and hear
- Position is subject to pre-hire DOT medical certification requirements and drug and/or alcohol testing, as well as a physical abilities test performed by a company provider
- Must pass pre-employment screening and background check
- Position may require working evening hours and weekends as needed
- Work is normally performed outside where exposure to conditions of extreme heat/cold, fumes and gases is common. airborne particles
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work that is expected to be performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive listing of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Also, whether particular duties or demands listed above or elsewhere are “essential” is a case-by-case determination, depending on the operational realities and staffing at the individual location. For questions about whether a particular function is essential in your particular role, please contact HR at (210) 876-3560.
We are a principle-based organization that has a culture built on a strong obligation to our mission which is to provide outstanding value, service, safety, and support to our customers.