Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the Patient Services Representative shall receive patients and process necessary paperwork for their visits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet all patients in a professional and friendly manner.
- Provide and explain necessary paperwork to the patients for processing scheduled appointment or walk-in appointment.
- Utilize provided computer and software to input information and record all visits.
- Screen each patient prior to examination by provider. This includes review of patient information contained in their chart to ensure that data is current and correct.
- Inform patients of different programs we have to offset charges, explaining the qualifications and requirements, i.e. Office of Family Planning, Medi-Cal, CHDP, PPP, HWLA, and Sliding Fee.
- Perform income verification.
- Perform status verification when appropriate.
- Review information collected from the patient and explain the fee schedules and methods of payment, and collect payment when required.
- Provide coverage for front desk, telephone reception and/or appointment desk.
- Keep abreast of all payment options and special programs available to cover the cost of services rendered. Attend training when required.
- Provide financial responsibility information to callers as need arises.
- Assist the billing department when needed
- Other duties as assigned.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; use hands to handle or feel objects, keyboard, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Job Description Disclaimer
This position requires compliance with Health Center’s written standards, including its Standards of Conduct and policies and procedures ("Written Standards"). Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the Patient Services Representative’s regular performance evaluation.
Failure to comply with Health Center’s Written Standards, which may include the failure to report any conduct or event that potentially violates legal or compliance requirements or Health Center’s Written Standards, will be met by the enforcement of disciplinary action, up to and including possible termination, in accordance with Health Center’s Compliance Program Policy and Procedure.
I have reviewed and understand the job functions required of me for the position in employment with T.H.E. Clinic, Inc. I understand that T.H.E. Clinic, Inc. reserves the right to modify job duties or job descriptions at any time.