The Capital Project Manager will have the opportunity to leave a lasting impact upon the Hayward area by providing improvements for our parks, parkways, trails, and wide-range of facilities. The District is seeking highly motivated, innovative, and skilled individuals to assist in the planning, design and construction of capital improvements. Project Managers oversee outside consultants and contractors to deliver public works projects and report directly to the Capital Planning and Development Director. The successful candidate will bring:
- A minimum of three years of increasingly responsible technical and professional work experience in project management including design and construction phases
- A passion to create memorable places that improve the communities they serve
- Exceptional communication skills and an ability to work with community members and agency decision makers
- Ability to solve problems, overcome challenges, and respond effectively to changing priorities
A BA/BS degree in architecture, landscape architecture, engineering, planning, construction management, or related field is required. California registration as a professional architect, landscape architect or engineer is desired. Experience in the public sector is highly desired.
Note: Any offer of employment is conditional upon a satisfactory fingerprint clearance and/or background check with the Department of Justice (DOJ) via LiveScan.
The Hayward Area Recreation and Park District is a Special Public District. As a California city, county, or state agency or public district employee, you may be called upon as a disaster service worker in the event of an emergency. To learn more about what this means our employees click here.
- How do you adapt to shifting priorities? Provide a specific example and how you responded.
- Describe your experience leading a community engagement process. What has worked well and what have you learned that you would do differently in the future?
- What is the most complex project you have managed? What challenges did you face and how did you overcome them?