Come have a fun and exciting Summer at Camp Royall! We are seeking enthusiastic staff for our Autism Summer Camp. A Camp Royall Counselor experience is like no other, especially if you are considering a future career in Recreational Therapy, Outdoor Education, Psychology, Speech or Occupational Therapy or Special Education.
Camp Royall Counselors work with and closely supervise campers of all ages and on all levels of the autism spectrum who attend our programs. You will receive intensive pre-camp training about autism and your role as counselor. During program, you will assist campers in all aspects of self-care, including dressing, bathing, eating, grooming, toileting and other areas of daily living. You will also implement visual structure and reinforcement strategies to facilitate communication and appropriate behavior management protocol, in a fun and nurturing environment
Residential Counselors may also rotate work as Night Duty Counselor during the program. This is in place of a daytime shift.
You must be:
- 17 years of age at the start of employment for Day Camp. (18 years of age for residential counselors and a High School diploma).
- Demonstrate a desire and ability to learn and be taught about autism and approaches for managing the challenges associated with it.
- Be physically able and willing to maintain constant supervision of campers and to fulfill all responsibilities fully.
- Be patient, energetic, fun-loving, and hard-working and a sense of humor doesn't hurt!
- Be willing and able to put the needs of others before your own.
- Be flexible and able to work well with others, maintain open and effective communication.
- Be accepting and respectful of those who think, behave, and interact differently.
Summer 2022 dates are as follows:
Training May 25-June 2
Camper weeks June 5 - Aug 12
ASNC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at ASNC via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of ASNC. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by ASNC as a result of the referral or through other means