The Project Manager reports to the Chief Information Officer (CIO) and is responsible for planning, managing and coordinating key technology and business process improvement related project activities across all APA business units. The Project Manager is an experienced leader with the ability to think strategically and execute on a vision while managing the details. The Project Manager is responsible for the initiation, planning, execution, and closure of a projects through building a set of manageable tasks, obtaining appropriate resources, monitoring and mitigating project risks and ensuring end user solution delivery and adoption
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in the planning, development and execution of the technology roadmap consistent with the strategic goals of the association.
- Review incoming project proposals for risk, architectural impact, and strategic benefits.
- Directly manage and coordinate all project deliverables and schedule with key business leaders, stakeholders, technical staff and external contractors.
- Create and maintain project plans, schedules and budgets to effectively manage a wide array of technical projects and resources across the organization.
- Ensure all production deployed software systems are fully documented to support ongoing operations.
- Ensure adherence to project development best practices and standards.
- Approve business requirements for information technology projects.
- Provide continuous feedback to business partners, project stakeholders, and senior management regarding the priorities and status of project.
- Deliver project presentations and status reports to business partners, project stakeholders and senior
- Performs other duties as assigned