We strongly encourage people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ individuals to apply.
This is a fulltime benefit eligible position.
Perks of working for Minnesota Community Care
- We cover 70% of your medical and dental benefits
- Career Advancement fund opportunities after 1 year of employment
- Student loan forgiveness opportunities for some roles
- Reduced cost on metro transit
- Our staff thrive in an environment where uplifting each other is one of our core values
Responsible for providing diabetes education for patients and their families in collaboration with clinicians. Systematically and continuously collects and assesses data related to patient health status to develop, execute and evaluate the plan of care. Utilizes evidence to drive clinical decisions and practice related to individual and population health. Establishes goals and strategies for meeting care coordination needs across settings with the patient, family, and/or other care providers.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Participate in RN led visits with patients who either already have diabetes or who are at risk for developing it
- Identifies learning needs of the patient and families. Educates by adapting to patient and family learning style utilizing the teach-back method
- Educate patients and their families about diabetes and how to manage it
- Work with patients to identify and encourage opportunities for lifestyle changes
- Maintain knowledge of the latest information in the field of diabetes
- Execute nursing interventions by collaborating with the care team incorporating appropriate standards of care and practice and patient outcomes
- Assesses and systemically collects any data related to patient health status and works in collaboration with the care team to develop the plan of care
- Perform diabetes treatment tasks, evaluates patient’s response to plan of care and works in collaboration with the care team to make any needed adjustments
- Documents nursing assessment and interventions to reflect comprehensive and integrated approach to patient care
- Provides care that is safe, ethical, patient- and family-centered, culturally congruent and evidence-based
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
As Minnesota's largest Federally Qualified Health Center, Minnesota Community Care ensures that the communities we serve have access to high quality and affordable health care.
Approximately 87% of our patients in the 2019 calendar year were people of color from Asian, African American, American Indian or Latino communities, and 98% of our patients had incomes below 200% of federal poverty guidelines.