The Production Designer assists with the overall design, layout and production of book and calendar projects. The Production Designer creates final production deliverables, with speed and technical expertise. They will evaluate design intent and accuracy for manufacturability and utilize multiple software programs to create production ready files for various printing processes. The Designer demonstrates and possesses an understanding and application of color, aesthetics, and product function for AMU publishing products. They are process-oriented, organized and highly collaborative. The Production Designer has experience in mechanical file preparation, and troubleshooting design files.
- Assist with all aspects of design and production of assigned calendars or other publishing projects as requested, completing them accurately, creatively, and on time
- Works closely with art directors, editors, production editors and print production department
- Prepares printer-ready files including art alterations and PDF creation.
- Provide press-ready files that deliver the designers intent and can be produced in a cost effective manner.
- Ensure file accuracy and data integrity, collaborating with multiple people on problem solving and issue resolution. Re-work files when production requirements dictate.
- Review and optimize images for book interiors. Manipulating files in photoshop and illustrator, including coloring and reformatting cartoon panels, and editing photos and graphics for production.
- Using your problem-solving skills, you will develop and improve production design processes that ensure files meet all technical specifications.