- Master’s Degree in a related Human Services field with 2 years supervisory experience; or Bachelor’s degree in human services with 5 years of supervisor experience; or equivalent combination of high school degree and experience in the human services field;
- Proven ability to negotiate and work effectively with HASA, HRA and/or other government agencies;
- Strong organizational and leadership skills, as well as strong verbal and writing skills;
- Experience using Microsoft Word computer applications, including Excel;
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of staff with diverse backgrounds and skill levels, and ability to nurture professional development of staff; and
- Experience in a not-for-profit setting preferred.
The Fortune Society encourages individuals to apply who have successfully made the transition from incarceration and/or substance abuse into a stable, productive lifestyle in the community.
Travel Requirements: Will require travel to our Long Island City site for presentations and events.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities and requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensing, experience and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The Fortune Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of conviction history, race, religion/creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status or marital status.