We strongly encourage people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ individuals to apply.
This is a fulltime benefit eligible position
Perks of working for Minnesota Community Care
- We cover 70% of your medical and dental benefits
- Career Advancement fund opportunities after 1 year of employment
- Student loan forgiveness opportunities for some roles
- Reduced cost on metro transit
- Our staff thrive in an environment where uplifting each other is one of our core values
Duties are the role of Receptionist to support the People Experiencing Homelessness Community Vaccine Events by providing excellent customer service while ensuring accurate and complete patient registration.
- Ensure efficient and accurate registration process that captures all relevant updates to the patient profile and insurance eligibility.
- Use customer service skills to greet patients in a prompt, courteous manner. Assist patients as needed with paperwork completion.
- Serve as communication hub for event.
- Schedule patients per scheduling policies/procedures.
- Nurture ongoing relationships with key partner agency staff to ensure good communication between the agencies. Keep coworkers and Program Director apprised of all relevant communications.
- Ensure patient information and supplies are secured and private and that workstation is clean and tidy.
- Maintain good communication and collaborative relationships with the team of clinical staff and collateral personnel to ensure the best delivery of services.
- Attend staff meetings regularly.
- Represent the health center to the community at large in a professional and helpful manner.
- Participate in development and selection of patient education materials and services.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Technical Knowledge: Ability for word processing and navigation of EMR. Ability to use mobile technology to ensure signatures are stored and manage minimal trouble-shooting as needed.
- Relationship-Building: Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective relationships with vulnerable clients. Ability to establish positive working relationships with coworkers, other community health professionals, the general public, and clients.
- Health Equity: Knowledge of cultural competency and application thereof to community health activities; ability to relate to people of diverse backgrounds, training, and experiences.
- Initiative: Ability to take initiative to meet program objectives. Ability to approach daily work load and expectations with flexibility and self-direction. Willingness to learn new technical skills and grow professionally. Ability to react calmly and effectively in chaotic and emergency situations.
- Language: Bilingual verbal and written skills in language(s) of primary target population(s).
As Minnesota's largest Federally Qualified Health Center, Minnesota Community Care ensures that the communities we serve have access to high quality and affordable health care.
Approximately 87% of our patients in the 2019 calendar year were people of color from Asian, African American, American Indian or Latino communities, and 98% of our patients had incomes below 200% of federal poverty guidelines.