By joining the Bio-Techne team you will have an impact on future cutting-edge research. Bio-Techne, and all of its brands, provides tools for researchers in Life Sciences and Clinical Diagnostics.
The responsibilities of this position are to perform ELISA assays to check for quality performance of product, maintain accurate documentation of results, and maintain assay databases. This position will focus on quality control testing of serological assays. This position may also contribute to quality control testing of Quantikine ELISAs, Luminex assays, and/or IVD kits. Perform raw material qualification testing as needed. Calculate data and compile results efficiently. Collaborate with others and perform general lab duties as needed.
The schedule for this position is Monday - Thursday, 10 hour shifts, with hours between 7 AM - 7 PM with potential for change.
- Perform ELISA assays according to procedures in order to check in process and final product for quality performance.
- Reduce and evaluate data from assays; record data on proper documents.
- Assist in transfer of new products & technologies from development including performing assays and evaluating results.
- Formulate reagents needed for testing according to existing SOP documents.
- Maintain and enter assay data into assay databases.
- Calibrate equipment according to schedule and keep updated records of calibrations.
- Test/inspect incoming raw materials for compliance to specifications.
- Follows company policies and practices as outlined in the Handbook and follows guidelines regarding safety as outlined in the AWAIR, Chemical Hygiene and Exposure Control manuals in accordance to the job.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of lab techniques & immunoassays.
- Knowledge of lab equipment
- Knowledge of analytical balance.
- Knowledge of assays.
- Knowledge of safety and company procedures and practices.
- Organizational & computer skills.
- Decision making skills.
- Ability to follow written SOPs.
- Ability to act independently on routine assignments or projects.
- Ability to plan, organize and multi-task to complete assignments in an efficient manner.
- Ability to communicate professionally, both oral and written.
- Ability to pay attention to details and perform at a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Flexibility to work alternate or additional hours as needed.