Provides comprehensive nursing care consistent with the ANA Standards of Practice for Psychiatric Mental Health Care including but not limited to including information, referral and follow-up to members enrolled in CODAC Health, Recovery and Wellness, Inc. services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assesses and documents patient’s medical, physical and psychological status continuously and intervenes as necessary.
- Accurately and safely administers prescribed medications and treatments including but not limited to injections and venipuncture.
- Makes necessary referrals.
- Supports staff, member and family education to enhance knowledge, skills, and necessary behaviors to facilitate positive outcomes.
- Assists with admissions, discharges, and transfers of patients, ensuring that the patient’s needs are met.
- As part of an interdisciplinary team, participates in evaluation and assessment of members.
- Collaborates with prescribing clinicians and clinical staff to promote member recovery.
- Coordinates medical care with primary physician and other health care providers.
- Observes members’ behavior patterns and medical symptoms related to treatment. Reports assessment to prescribing clinician or clinical staff for follow-up.
- Provides medication delivery as ordered by prescribing clinician or other health care provider.
- Completes necessary charting and record keeping in accordance with agency and funding source requirements.
- Makes home visits when appropriate to provide medical support services and assessment.
- Coordinates and/or provides education specific to identified medical needs.
- Provides nutritional advising and support.
- Attends and participates in appropriate meetings, psychiatric appointments, and clinical staffing.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Performs other related duties in accordance with agency growth and changes.