The Medical Coder is responsible for understanding, reviewing, and auditing pathology technical and professional codes used for reimbursement and diagnostic purposes. This position will provide educational support for staff and pathologists. The Medical Coder will have experience in Healthcare Compliance, thorough knowledge of medical terminology, and understanding of medical insurers' coding policies.
- Perform daily, weekly and other periodic coding reviews/audits to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Identify areas of focus where additional coding education
- Interact with outsourced billing company to assist in obtaining missing information
- Addressing issues that arise
- Continually reviewing policies and procedures for process improvement
- Other duties as assigned