The Pathology Support Specialist is responsible for supporting the day to day workflow for the site-based pathologists and the site’s technical team including slide distribution, scheduling and dispatching for procedures, and a wide variety of administrative duties and problem solving tasks. This position serves as a It is important that the Pathology Support Specialist abides by HIPAA regulations, and where appropriate, uses appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), as this position may be exposed to a number of environmental hazards.
- Answer, triage and log phone calls including scheduling and dispatching for procedures, report revisions, verbal test add-on requests
- Assist Pathologists with various administrative tasks and requests such as faxing, copying, requesting H&P's from outside institutions, and gathering needed information to complete cases.
- Monitor and distribute all incoming slides, correspondence, reports, etc.
- Resolve specimen issues including missing and/or inaccurate information, patient demographics, etc.
- Gather, manifest and route slides/items to other CellNetix locations
- Office supply ordering
- Accession/manage consult cases
- Run reports and troubleshoot various issues including timely case sign out and adding providers not currently listed within our system.
- Modify internal systems with physician contact information and schedules
- Other duties as assigned