Idaho Falls Community Hospital is looking for a Registered Nurse to join our team!
JOB SUMMARY: Provides care to patients using a patient and family-centered model to patients who are newborn up to 17 years of age, to include patient and family education while ensuring adherence to professional standards and IFCH policies, procedures, and guidelines. Communicates effectively and works cooperatively with co-workers/physicians/ nurse managers; and communicates about changes in patients condition including results of diagnostic studies and symptomology. Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment.
Taking care for our community starts with taking care of our own team. Idaho Falls Community Hospital is proud to offer its employees competitive and comprehensive benefit packages. Benefits include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off (vacation, holidays and sick days) and Medical Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plans (401K with up to 6% match)
- Earned Quarterly Bonus Program
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Discount for medically necessary procedures performed at Idaho Falls Community Hospital and Mountain View Hospital
Please note benefits are based on eligibility according to full-time, part-time or PRN status classification.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to perform a head-to-toe assessment on all patients and reassessments as per policy.
- Ability to adequately assess and reassess pain using the appropriate pain scale based on the patients age and developmental stage. Utilizes appropriate pain management techniques. Educates the patient and family regarding pain management.
- Ability to revise plan of care as indicated by the patients response to treatment and evaluate overall plan daily for effectiveness.
- Ability to perform glucometer testing (point-of-care testing), read and take appropriate action on glucometer test results per Clinical Laboratorys and the patient care units policies and procedures
- Provides age appropriate education based upon identified learning needs and evaluates effectiveness of learning to both patients and families.
- Demonstrates an ability to assist physicians with procedures and performs services and treatments requiring technical and manual skills within scope of practice and per policy.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of child growth and development and the skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patient population served. Able to interpret data about the patients status in order to identify each patients age specific needs and provide care needed by the patient group.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Identifies and addresses psychosocial needs of patients and family; communicates with Social Work and other ancillary departments as needed, regarding both in-hospital and post-discharge needs.
- Will be required to orient and float to the adult Medical and Surgical department with low census as needed.
ABOUT IDAHO FALLS COMMUNITY HOSPITAL:
At Idaho Falls Community Hospital, helping our community get better is our number one priority. We are committed to providing compassionate, emergency care 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Idaho Falls Community Hospital is proud to have a state-of-the-art Emergency Department, a stroke and diagnostic cardiac center, and a trauma center.
Our work environment is collaborative, purpose driven and people centric. Our culture is unique and it is what makes people excited to come to work each day. If you are looking for a career where you can make a difference, we have a place for you on our team.