Are you looking for a way to use your gift to help others? Do you have a heart to come alongside others who are trying to improve their lives? Do you want to work for a company that's made it on the Best Christian Workplaces 2 years in a row? If so, we want to talk with you!
The Outreach Specialist (Seattle Area), you will support the Outreach Teams' efforts to end homelessness by providing street outreach efforts that address poverty, addiction, employment, housing, mental health, and spirituality.
Monday through Friday from 7:30 am - 4:00 pm. Occasional weekends, evenings, and holidays are required.
- Administer all outreach services to those we serve in King County, leading them to life transformation in Christ.
- Provide outreach services to ensure the highest-quality services providing tools and support for a safer and honoring environment, including Overnight shelter, clothing distribution, showers, mail, and other outreach services as prescribed.
- Work closely with the Outreach Administrator to establish and implement goals for Outreach Team.
- Build relationships and partnerships with local churches, schools, businesses, and communities, inviting them to enter into the fight to end homelessness, specifically through the Outreach Team.
- Have an understanding and working knowledge of resources directly related to housing and employment in King County.
- Inform those we serve of the services available to help them in their present situation. Ensure they have access to information on housing and other options, including Men's and Women's Recovery Program information.
- Work with the Outreach team to develop plans to fix any operational issues encountered within the department. Initiate communication with the Director of Outreach on any operational or personnel issues that may negatively impact operations.
- Serve as an active training resource for volunteers participating on the Outreach Team to ensure the highest quality experience for all involved.
- Ensure all staff, volunteers, and interns interact with those we serve in a grace-based and relationally driven manner.
- Maintain accurate and timely records, and ensure the physical security and maintenance of assigned equipment.
- Provide regular input and recommendations to management.
- Prepare monthly statistical and narrative reports, as required.
- Maintain a positive, pleasant, professional Christian attitude. Work with other staff to forge and model transparent and supportive Christian relationships, which will serve as a Leadership example for recovery program men.
- Work effectively with colleagues throughout the Mission's organization to achieve ministry objectives, maintaining good communication and working relationships.
- Maintain accurate and timely records of guest interviews and interventions using the professional case note standards of Men's Ministries Recovery Program Case Managers.
- Drive between various ministry locations as needed.
- Attend all Mission meetings and training sessions, as required.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.