Position: Licensed Vocational Nurse/LVN
DEPARTMENT: Medical Unit
STATUS: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Under the direction of the Chief Medical Officer, the Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) offers assistance to the providers for necessary patient care services and other office related tasks needed within the scope of the clinic.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in all functions of the team staff in the clinic.
- Responsible for the collection of patient data including blood pressure, weight, height, temperature, pulse and history of present illness.
- Screens high risk patients.
- Reviews presenting problems with patients.
- Provides immunizations, draws blood, performs hematocrit and other basic test when requested by clinicians.
- Reviews immunization record.
- Administers injections as indicated by provider.
- Administers Mantoux Tests.
- Obtains TB screening history, reads Mantoux Skin Tests, responds to patient questions regarding significance and results of TB test.
- Performs vision and hearing test for patients as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining a steady patient flow for the clinicians.
- Responsible for keeping exam rooms clean and well stocked with necessary medical supplies.
- Responsible for maintaining program logs, as assigned by the department manager.
- Reviews all forms to insure that charts are completed after each patient visit.
- Makes telephone calls for the purpose of appointment reminders, follow-up on broken appointments, patient education and for other patient contact needs.
- Responsible for providing final instruction and patient education as directed by medical provider.
- Participates in community outreach events as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned