Responsible for: Providing a safe, structured, supervised and accountable environment for CHI residents and staff.
JOB-RELATED DUTIES – ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
These duties are essential and specific to the successful implementation of this position.
The Resident Support Specialist ensures the safety and security of all clients, visitors, staff and property. This is accomplished by performing the following functions:
- Maintains visibility to residents by wearing Safety Monitor vest and ID badge, and inspects site through regular tours of the property. Reviews video cameras and monitors area consistently.
- Enforces CHI, site and DSS policies, regulations and rules with residents.
- Provides limited crisis intervention to residents when necessary until CHI professional staff Case Managers, Program Managers or Director of Emergency Housing is able to be contacted and/or intervene. Contacts supervisor and/or the proper authorities as needed.
- Maintains appropriate documentation accurately throughout shift, i.e. turn-over, census, logs, incident reports, case notes, etc.
- Conducts unit inspections in accordance with OTDA/DSS standards by physically entering each unit to insure proper attendance is recorded.
- Accepts resident referrals and reviews rules and regulations with new arrivals including but not limited to the rule of 2 bags per person upon intake. Perform bag searches upon intake, and as required by bag search requirement protocol.
- Submits all internal and external reports in a timely and correct manner as required by funding agencies and/or CHI (logs, notes, incident reports). Maintains logs, office and site in an orderly fashion.
- Support afterschool/evening activities as needed. Provide oversight of outdoor and recreational events.
- Informs Building Superintendent of work site’s physical condition (i.e. dangerous conditions, possible repair needs, supply needs, etc.).
- Preps vacant units for new placements.
- Maintains proper usage of cleaning supplies and inventory
- Facilitates and documents evacuation procedures,( i.e. fire drills) as directed by Program Manager
- At the direction of CHI staff (Program Manager or Director of Emergency Housing), acts as a liaison between the agency and the community at large.
- Other duties may be assigned by management as needed to ensure the successful operation of the program.
Monday - Friday 12:00am - 8:00am
Monday - Friday 4:00pm - 12:00am
Rate: $17 an hour