Caris Life Sciences is looking for a sharp, driven and goal-oriented Data Engineer to provide support via pipeline development, database development, and data mining. This support is for machine learning projects in digital image analysis and NGS. Strong communication skills are required because the role involves discussing and implementing specifications received from the team. We are looking for team oriented, hands on experts with a passion for personalized medicine and innovation in statistical and mathematical analyses.
- Involved in pipeline design, data flow, and database management.
- Create web-based applications for simple analytical analysis/summaries on request by different framework
- Respond to and manage ad hoc requests to ensure accurate, in-depth results/data are delivered in a timely manner.
- Provide general informatics support for laboratory research, technology development and clinical studies.
- Adhere to coding and documentation standards and manage deliverables for area of responsibility (svn, gitlab, etc)
- Master’s in a STEM field, preferably with exposure to genomics or image analysis.
- Ability to understand biological/pathological questions well enough to formulate statistical and data analysis methods.
- Proficiency in Linux and Python’s scientific packages, familiar with web-based development framework such as Flask, Django, NodeJS, etc.
- Proficiency in database operation on Mongo, SQL and GraphQL, etc. in order to query complex data from databases.
- Familiarity with constructing data visualizations is a plus.
Core Skills & Competencies:
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills to explain technical details in clear language to teammates.
- Enthusiasm for daily team work.
- Drive for Results (Service, Quality, and Continuous Improvement) – Ensure procedures and processes are in place that lead to delivery of quality results and continually reassess their effectiveness to achieve continuous improvement.
- Communication – Proficient verbal and written communication skills. Willingness to share and receive information and ideas from all levels of the organization in order to achieve the desired results.
- Teamwork – Commitment to the successful achievement of team and organizational goals through a desire to participate with and help other members of the team.
- Customer Service Focus – Demonstrate a focus on listening to and understanding client/customer needs and then delighting the client/customer by exceeding service and quality expectations.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Caris Life Sciences is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
*Interested parties please email your resume and cover letter to Valarie Perez at firstname.lastname@example.org. #LI-VP1