Job Title: Supply Chain Coordinator
Reports to: Logistics / Import-Export Manager
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent required.
- Must have excellent mathematical, communication and computer skills, and be strongly detail oriented and be able to easily multi-task.
- Must be able to independently initiate, prioritize, and perform and solve work problems and ultimately achieve work objectives and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in written and verbal form with co-workers, supervisor, and management.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook etc.).
- Must be able to work independently and with others in a team environment.
- Follow written (Standard Operating Procedures -SOP’s, company memos & emails) and verbal instructions.
- Minimum of six months related experience with demonstrated aptitude to learn on-the-job.
- Familiarity with International shipping terminology and procedures.
- Possess a strong work ethic to positively contribute to the company’s mission, vision, values and environmental policy and quality policy.
- Must have a positive attitude, support co-workers to obtain desired objectives, and assist others in their contributions.
- Must be able to learn ERP systems to perform data entry & print reports.
- Ability to adapt to changing paces and processes quickly.
- Attentive to current tasks and surroundings.
Help oversee the shipment of finished Hop products to our overseas operations and overseas customers. Help facilitate the shipping of YCH products from one location to another. Assist with developing processes that make YCH supply chain more efficient and organized.
- Manage International shipments to our overseas bonded warehouses as well as overseas customer locations.
- Maintain an organized filing system for International shipment paperwork (physically & electronically).
- Assist in ensuring 3PL warehousing and logistics transportation selections can link to our WMS inventory system & X3.
- Assist with the procurement of supplies when needed to ensure YCH operations run smoothly and efficiently.
- Communicate/notify warehouse of what will need to be pulled from inventory and the time at which pickup is scheduled.
- Coordinating efforts so that multiple orders can be grouped together for pick-up helps with cost control.
- Communicate with supervisor/manager about daily activities.
- Periodically review inventory needs for warehouses to assure adequate stock levels to sustain current and future shipping requirements.
- Book trucks, air transport and / or containers for all outbound International/Domestic shipments based on type of product, temperature requirements, deadlines, etc. V: Departments/Iso/Policies/” Best Use before date”
- Choose transportation methods based on factors such as size, cost, and when the items are needed.
- Communicate with Sales, FGX Warehouses, Freight Forwarders, Customers, Trucking Companies, etc. to ensure shipments are complete and arrive timely to their destinations.
- Maintains logs and records of warehouse stock and executed orders. Assist to ensure warehouse capacity is kept at optimal levels.
- Acquire the proper international documents needed for international shipments in a timely manner, to ensure shipments efficiently clear customs in the destination country.
- Ensure International documents are properly filled out to eliminate any potential liability to the company and to ensure shipments are not held up by customs.
- Acquire all International documents possible, prior to the shipment leaving port.
- Monitor International shipments to ensure they ship timely and successfully pass customs at the destination port.
- Track shipments to build historical data for process improvements, planning & future budgeting. Assists with reviewing transportation rates, and/or the prices of raw materials to keep costs down where possible.
- Review shipment invoices to ensure shipping costs were properly billed to customer & the handling charge was applied.
- Work with operations team to develop, monitor and report metrics associated with strategic YCH goals and department goals. Provide dynamic status reports displayed for all to see.
- Collect information to analyze and evaluate existing or proposed systems. Prepare accurate reports for management
- Continuously look for ways to improve process efficiency and notify immediate supervisor of observations and recommendations.
- Maintain sanitary and safe work environment.
- Follow safety requirements.
- May be asked to actively participate on company’s Safety Committee.
- Ensure that company safety policies as well as federal, state, and local safety and environmental regulations are observed.
- Must have a complete understanding of company’s policies, SOPs, QPs, EPs, HACCP and cGMP that pertain to their department to ensure quality, safety, efficiency, and sustainability.
- Must adhere to all company policies.
- Examine documents, materials, and products and monitor work processes to assess completeness, accuracy and conformance to standards and specifications.
- Periodically review inventory needs for FGX Warehouse to assure adequate stock levels to sustain current and future shipping requirements.
- Follow all SOPs in a given area.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Manager and/or designee.