By joining the Bio-Techne team you will have an impact on future cutting-edge research. Bio-Techne, and all of its brands, provides tools for researchers in Life Sciences and Clinical Diagnostics.
As a packaging technician you will perform filling, kitting, and labeling functions.
- Assist in the setup and running of automated liquid filling, labeling and packaging equipment.
- Assist in the setup and running of manual liquid and powder portable filling equipment.
- Perform daily filling, labeling, kitting duties according to the production schedule.
- Comply with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) and Quality Systems Regulations (QSR).
- General organization of filling, labeling and packaging tasks.
- Inspect all materials being issued to and returning from shop orders.
- Accurately count and return all materials.
- Maintain supplies for the CER, and packaging areas.
- Read, follow and sign off on filling, labeling and packaging Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Maintain and clean Controlled Environment Rooms, dry rooms and filling equipment.
- Clean all equipment, parts and facilities following project completion.
- Assist in aseptically aliquoting materials for production or shipment as needed.
- Perform other tasks and duties as directed by management and supervisory personnel.
- Must be able to lift, move, and operate heavy machinery.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Follows departmental policies, procedures and objectives, and safety standards.
- Ability to wear a half face respirator for extended periods of time.
- Must have good English communication skills to understand and follow verbal and written instructions. Must have basic math skills.
- Must be computer literate.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Ability to meet packaging and filling requirements on schedule.
- An orientation to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent organizational skills. Must be able to handle multiple tasks.
- Must be adaptable to quickly changing processes or environments.
- Ability to setup, troubleshoot and understand basics of department machinery.