Apply by April 26, 2021
The YMCA of Northwest North Carolina RIPTYDE swim team started in 1973 as the Winston-Salem YMCA (WSY) and quickly grew to become a perennial power in YMCA swimming; highlighted in 2000 and 2001 by earning back to back short course Women’s National Team Championships.
WSY/TYDE has served thousands of NC Triad-area youth over the years teaching them the basics of competitive swimming and the foundations of essential life leadership skills. This tradition of excellence has continued for almost five decades.
As a USA Swimming Level 4, Safe Sport-certified club, TYDE is based in Winston-Salem, NC and currently serves several hundred youth at 11 YMCA sites across seven counties in northwest North Carolina.
Pay range is $11.00 to $15.00 per hour based on qualifications and experience.
This Part-Time (28 hours a week) position will report to the Director of Competitive Swimming & Head Coach and will be a key part of the TYDE Leadership Team. In accordance with the Association’s and Branch’s policies and procedures, the Lead Development Coach will assist both the Head Swim Coach and Head Age Group Coach in providing direct leadership, planning, instruction, and motivation for our development team members (Prep and Bronze groups) with the overall objective in strengthening our TYDE community.
Some key responsibilities of this position will be to develop and lead select Prep Academy and Bronze group practices, assist in recruiting new swimmers, working with the Head Coach in Prep and Bronze program development and assisting with the organization of Prep and TYDE hosted swim meets.
Schedule will vary based on practice and meet schedules. Evening and weekend availability is required in order to coach practices and support athletes at swim meets. Age-Group Developmental Coach will also be required to participate in TYDE’s weekly staff meeting and strategic planning when necessary.
- Directly coaches Prep and Bronze groups. Location will be TBD.
- Attends swim meets as directed by the Head Coach.
- Enforces attendance and discipline policies for Prep and Bronze level swimmers when appropriate.
- Maintain a focus on technique, skill development while promoting the enjoyment of swimming
- Prepare practices on a weekly basis based on phase of training and swimmer’s needs/abilities.
- Coordinate training methodologies, drills and practice group goals with Head Coach and Head Age Group Coach.
- Oversee management of Prep Academy and Bronze level programs to ensure there is a smooth transition and progression between groups.
- Serve as liaison with Aquatics Directors to ensure a smooth transition between YMCA offered swim lessons and TYDE’s Prep program.
- Be the primary coordinator of TYDE Prep hosted swim meets, including planning, organization and preparation.
- Attend and participate in all pertinent meetings (team, LSC, etc.).
- Help determine swimmers’ events for meet entries.
- Assist in providing educational information to parents.
- Attend activities and events as determined by Head Coach.
- Perform all other tasks and responsibilities as directed by Head Coach.