$500 SIGN ON BONUS!!*
Are you looking for meaningful experience supporting adults with disabilities? Keshet is seeking caring, energetic individuals who have a passion for helping adults lead meaningful, independent lives within their communities. We have several Direct Service Professionals (DSP) openings in Keshet’s Adult Services. Flexible Hours. Opportunities in Skokie, Northbrook, and Highland Park.
Full-time and Part-time opportunities at $14.50/hour; FREE PAID TRAINING and benefits for eligible employees!
Position Summary: The Direct Support Professional is responsible for delivering direct services to adults in Keshet’s Community Day Services and Residential Program. These services provide opportunities to experience a meaningful life in the community and in the home. Keshet’s core values are the driving force behind the culture and impact of this organization and consist of positivity, patience, integrity, communication, respect and teamwork.
Community Day Services Program: Full and Part Time positions available. Typical hours are M-F 8am-3:30pm.
Residential Program: Full and Part Time positions available. Typical shifts are weekdays 3pm-9pm, 9pm-9am(awake overnights), and weekends 9am-3pm, 3pm-9pm, 9pm-9am(awake overnights).
About Keshet: From its core programs for children and adults with intellectual challenges in the Chicago area, to its international consulting work, Keshet serves over 1,000 individuals with disabilities and touches the lives of many more family members, peers, supporters, and other stakeholders around the globe. Keshet’s local leadership, comprised of nearly 100 lay leaders from all walks of life, provide the inspiration, direction, and funding required to fulfill the organization’s mission: to do whatever is necessary to allow individuals with disabilities to achieve their potential.
About the Program: Keshet’s Adult Community Day Services Program is designed to support and promote choice, independence, employment and meaningful days for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Community-based programming is paramount and activities include a balance of vocational/life skills training with the opportunity for socialization, recreation, and physical exercise to further increase participants overall quality of life.
Keshet’s Adult Residential Program is designed to support and empower adults to become fully active members of their community while residing in a warm and caring home that promotes independence and a meaningful life. The program embraces and honors choice, while also helping to build and maintain the skills needed for community living. Each of these homes are located near employment opportunities, shopping, transportation, recreation, and places of worship.
- Support adults to achieve his/her desires outlined in their individualized Personal Plan - Be their champion!
- Participate in tracking progress towards Personal Plan outcomes and ensure this is recorded timely, consistent, and accurately.
- Contribute towards providing a stable environment that promotes respect and dignity, individual choice and input, and health and safety at all times.
- Teach new daily living skills and help maintain current skills- meal planning and preparations, personal health and hygiene, financial literacy, household maintenance, safety, shopping and decision making.
- Apply training in everyday and emergency situations.
- Communicate with co-workers and work as a team.
- Be reliable and punctual in reporting for scheduled work.
- Be respectful and follow Jewish culture and guidelines.
- Successfully complete FREE training required by all Direct Support Professionals and participate in continued professional growth opportunities - CPR, First Aid, Safety Care, Rule 50, Fire Safety, Bloodborne Pathogens
- Adhere to all Keshet policies and procedures.
- Ability to relate to individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities and their families
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with others
- Understands and demonstrates ethical behavior and practices
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Patient, reliable, compassionate, able to work independently, and adaptable
- Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness
- Good problem-solving skills