Rea & Associates, Inc., accountants and business consultants, is an Ohio public accounting firm with 12 offices and more than 350 dedicated professionals who provide clients with a complete range of accounting services and professional business counsel. Rea has an extensive history that dates back to 1938 and is regarded as one of the Top 100 public accounting Firms in the country.
Due to continued growth, Rea & Associates, Inc. is seeking an experienced Tax Senior Manager to join the firm. This role is responsible for advising clients on the tax implications of their business objectives, evaluating and selecting alternative actions to lessen tax burden and cost of compliance, and identifying different methods of complying with tax regulations while acting as the primary client contact for complex tax issues. This is an outstanding opportunity to develop new client relationships and act as a consultant to our clients, offering a full range of tax planning, preparation and compliance services.
As the Tax Senior Manager at the firm, you will be a critical member of the office and regional leadership team, making top-level decisions regarding filing, preparation and resolution of questions from federal and state agencies. You will also actively participate in marketing, networking and business development, while maintaining client relationships and acting as the primary client contact. This critical role supervises others and reports to the Director of Tax Services.
- Tax Compliance - Ensures that clients comply with all applicable authorities, while at the same time minimizing their tax and reporting burdens. Ensures self and client service teams comply with all Firm policies, standards, and the Rea’s tax quality control policies. Conducts top-level review of tax returns and resolves all tax issues with client; involves specialists where appropriate. Plans for early recognition of material tax and compliance issues and consults with the client and/or partner as appropriate.
- Research - Identifies needed research and clearly and concisely frames issues to be researched. Reports the analysis of the research. Identifies complex issues for engagement team to research and provides research methodology for efficient research process. Involves Firm specialists, as appropriate. Trains managers and team on research skills and helps to appropriately frame tax issues for analysis.
- ASC 740-10 (FAS 109 and FIN 48) Tax Accruals - Correctly and proactively applies Firm policies, standards, and the Rea’s tax quality control policies regarding FAS 109 and FIN 48. Helps others to learn and apply ASC 740-10 and Firm policies, standards, and Rea policies regarding them. Reviews tax provisions and applies in-depth knowledge of ASC 740-10 if applicable to practice work. Reviews prepared work papers. Explains and discusses with the client components of the income tax provision and uncertain tax positions as well as other complexities surrounding ASC 740-10.
- Tax Consulting - Assists with developing, recommending, and implementing efficient and effective methods to maximize client benefits, especially by decreasing clients’ current and future taxes. Confers with Firm specialists to determine applicability of consulting specialties to each client. Involves specialist when appropriate. Monitors implementation of work plans (client service plan) if applicable for tax consulting projects to ensure they are efficiently and effectively conducted. Manages written or phone inquiries from federal and state agencies with little or no assistance. Provides effective assistance with protests at the appeals level. Implements applicable Firm strategies and manages client expectations.
- Tax Specialization - Develops an in-depth understanding of the technical and practical issues and opportunities regarding one or more areas of taxation. May be required to organize and conduct, or participate in conducting, effective external CPE training sessions in area of specialization, involving Firm specialists. May train and mentor associates, senior associates, and managers on specialization areas.
- Strategy Development - Introduces and develops new or improved ideas to improve the position of clients, the Firm, or Firm personnel, e.g., by reducing taxes or expenses or providing non-tax benefits. Researches and implements tax strategies, including experimentation with promising new strategies and ideas. Consistently makes suggestions on improvements to previous work products and/or approaches. Presents complex strategies to clients and prospective clients.
- Supervision - Supervises associates and senior associates on all projects. Reviews work prepared by associates and senior associates and provide review comments. Trains associates and senior associates on how to use all current software tools. Acts as a coach and trusted advisor to associates and senior associates. Schedules and manages workload of associates and senior associates. Provides verbal and written performance feedback to associates and senior associates.