Responsible for assisting all diagnostic and interventional cardiovascular radiological procedures in a timely manner. Performs procedures according to physicians orders in the patients chart or per prescription on outpatients. As a member of the care team, the CVT is responsible for working collaboratively with other members to assure the safe and accurate delivery of patient care. In addition, the CVT must be able and willing to cross-train into other appropriate modalities. Through following hospital policy/procedure is responsible for quality control, quality improvement and equipment maintenance.
- Performs Cardiovascular Technologist procedures in a timely manner; documents required information and communicates to primary physician and direct care staff pertinent information.
- Coordinates and assists the care of patients assigned in collaboration with physicians, nurses and allied health staff.
- Evaluates patient condition to adequately perform procedure.
- Informs and explains procedure to be performed to patient and what is expected in terms of his/her cooperation.
- Provides comprehensive direct patient care and assures a safe and comforting environment.
- Consults with other staff as necessary to meet the needs of the patient and family.
- Ensures the necessary clinical equipment and supplies are available and are safely utilized.
- Possesses the knowledge of growth and development of patients across the life span (i.e., neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult, geriatric).
- Performs Point of Care procedures in a timely manner according to established policy and procedure. Documents required information and complies with all Point of Care quality control standards.
- Maintains current license and registration.
- Uses resources in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Participates in peer review.
- Participates in developing other staff and affiliating students.
- Maintains and develops own professional competencies.
- Maintains and promotes a team spirit through active cooperation and collaboration.
- Assists in interdepartmental service coordination.
- Actively participates in the Performance Improvement and Utilization Review programs.
- Assumes a role in the maintenance of the patient-focused care delivery system.
- Assists in the coordination of unit operations.
- Assists in all aspects of care if the environment, such as dietary, housekeeping, infection control, and supply and equipment management.
- Attends 80% of in-services and departmental meetings.
- Helps provide staff to other areas of the hospital when needed.