Under the direction of the Director of Clinical Services the Medical Assistant offers assistance to the providers for necessary patient care services within the scope of the clinic.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greets all patients in a professional and friendly manner.
- Takes vital signs of patients: height, weight, blood pressure, indicates reason for visit, brief review of medical history and prepares patients for examination by provider.
- Obtains records and performs indicated "in-house" lab tests, immunization, hemoccult and any other tests as ordered by a provider. Obtains results for providers when necessary.
- Performs Rapid HIV testing.
- Performs EKG’s as ordered by a provider.
- Completes necessary document accurately for all lab work.
- Provides assistance to provider during physical examination and/or specialty procedures as needed.
- Completes & enters data into patient’s records and submits all forms in a timely manner.
- Maintains medical unit supplies in laboratory and exam rooms.
- Attends and participates in meetings as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to handle, or feel objects, keyboard or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Job Description Disclaimer
This position requires compliance with Health Center’s written standards, including its Standards of Conduct and policies and procedures ("Written Standards"). Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the Medical Assistant’s regular performance evaluation.
Failure to comply with Health Center’s Written Standards, which may include the failure to report any conduct or event that potentially violates legal or compliance requirements or Health Center’s Written Standards, will be met by the enforcement of disciplinary action, up to and including possible termination, in accordance with Health Center’s Compliance Program Policy and Procedure.
I have reviewed and understand the job functions required of me for the position in employment with T.H.E. Clinic, Inc. I understand that T.H.E. Clinic, Inc. reserves the right to modify job duties or job descriptions at any time.