POSITION TITLE: Healthcare for the Homeless Clinic Operations Manager
REPORTS TO (TITLE): Site Director or COO
This position brings project management, leadership and communication skills to lead a team of professionals and clinical support staff to meet the agencys strategic plan goals. The Senior Operations Manager oversees day-to-day operations for SRCHs health care for the homeless clinic inclusive of at least six medical exam rooms and one behavioral health room.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works collaboratively with Medical Director and a range of clinical team members to develop a high-functioning clinical team with clear standards and consistent performance ensuring the provision of high-quality clinical services. The Senior Clinic Operations Manager works closely with the Site Medical Director and Site Director to ensure that SRCHC policies and procedures are implemented and standards of care are met.
- Is responsible for the day to day operations of the health care for the homeless clinic including: overseeing patient flow, overseeing provider and patient scheduling, managing work flows, overseeing mobile clinical services at shelters and other homeless service programs, staffing the clinic appropriately to maximize efficient and effective patient care.
- Works closely with SRCHs Care Coordination Department on collaborative services and interfacing with outside partners (shelters, housing providers, outreach teams, hospitals etc.) to assist people experiencing homelessness.
- Understands the needs, barriers/challenges, and issues facing people experiencing homelessness in our community including mental health, substance use, and affordable housing scarcity.
- Stays current with best practices for serving people experiencing homelessness from the National Health Care for the Homeless Council and other sources.
- Supports implementing and evaluation processes that will support the team in meeting the site and health center goals.
- Coordinates implementation of new or upgraded systems, is responsible for disseminating and training staff on new and revised policies and procedures.
- Provides leadership including direction, training, performance management and development of all assigned staff. Must be familiar with the Collective Bargaining Agreement in the supervision of any union-represented staff. Responsible for timely, accurate submission of timekeeping processes to payroll.
- Directly supervises support staff within team, including but not limited to office supervisor, medical assistants, and clinical team assistants.
- Negotiates and communicates expectation for interaction with the office team for staff with content expertise who provide support to the office team, including but not limited to: nursing support, Health information management staff, billing staff, and Access Navigators, EHR Team, purchasing, behavioral health staff, primary care providers, specialists, residents, and faculty with supervisors for those positions.
- Is responsible for managing clinical and operational problems as they arise, including responding to and tracking patient complaints.
- Leads team meetings in a manner that promotes engagement by all team members.
- Supports Quality Improvement: conducts audits on clinical performance and operations on a regular basis, reports findings to Site Director and Medical Director and participates in development and implementation of corrective action plan. Assists Site Director in preparing for site visits by external and internal reviewers. Includes serving as requested/required in the Health Centers Quality Committee.
- Participates in Operations meetings, SRCH Leadership meetings, relevant QI Meetings, and other meetings as assigned.
- Communicates directly with the Site Director regarding staff performance, clinic function, and quality of care on a regular basis.
- Oversees staff assignments to maintain, safe, clean, and organized work environment, including as requested/required serving on the Health Centers Safety Committee.
- Orients and trains new staff on operations and provides ongoing training for existing staff.
- Participate and assists in coordination of emergency preparedness training for staff
- Other duties as assigned.