Shift4 Payments (NYSE: FOUR) is a leading provider of integrated payment processing and technology solutions, delivering a complete omnichannel ecosystem that extends beyond payments to include a wide range of value-added services. The company’s technologies help power over 350 software providers in numerous industries, including hospitality, retail, F&B, e-commerce, lodging, gaming, and many more. With over 7,000 sales partners, the company securely processed more than 3.5 billion transactions annually for over 200,000 businesses in 2019. For more information, visit shift4.com.
Administers and controls the database activities to support a 24x7 production environment, data integrity and development, and the establishment of policies and procedures pertaining to its management, security, maintenance, and utilization of databases. Sets and monitors standards. Advises management on database concepts and functional capabilities.
- Ensuring the continuous availability of our 24x7 production databases and managing databases through multiple product life cycle environments.
- Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems or perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after normal business hours.
- Install, configure, and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, capacity, and security.
- Collaborate with development teams in database design process and suggest database design best practices through all phases of SDLC, including data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations.
- Lead the analysis of database requirements, including configuration, system and scope of database design including logical and physical database design
- Maintain high security posture on database systems including access review, database hardening configurations, security patching and best practices implementations.
- Provide guidance in writing and tuning SQL and PL/SQL code, scripts, triggers and views, and assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Support new products and enhancements that require databases, including application integrations, ETL/EL, and reporting.
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real-time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Recommends system upgrades and enhancements for increased performance and capacity does capacity planning to meet business growth.
- Refining and automating regular processes, track issues, and document changes.
- Provides technical expertise/training to the end-users, developers, and capacity planners, along with assisting in the development of applications and coordination of data migration, conversion planning, and programming of new or improved database systems.
- Perform backup, restore, and recovery of database systems using database management tools.