Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Strategic Communications in the Office for Institutional Advancement, the Digital Media Manager oversees the institutions myriad digital communications platforms including Westminster.net, the Wildcat Web portal system, mass email systems, and all social media channels. A creative and innovative leader within the team, the Digital Media Manager develops dynamic content for all digital channels in order to deepen engagement with key constituent groups and advance the institutions marketing and communications objectives. The Digital Media manager develops compelling story ideas that align to the team's communication strategy and works with team members to identify storylines across the institution. The Digital Media Manager is responsible for executing the dynamic content that tells these stories across all digital channels. The manager serves as an imaginative leader on a variety of key initiatives in a fast-paced environment bringing new ideas and strategies to the teams broad scope of work.
Supervisor: Associate VP of Strategic Communications
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Position Status: Salaried, exempt, full-time, regular, 12-month
Hours of Work: Days of work are Monday through Friday and the core hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Embrace the mission and strategic priorities of The Westminster School
- Oversees strategy implementation across all digital communications platforms, including the Schools websites and social media channels
- Serves as the School's lead digital media strategist, innovator, and content producer
- Analyzes the effectiveness of digital media efforts through best practice metrics and analytics and makes data-driven recommendations in order to optimize strategy
- Supports the Associate Vice President of Strategic Communications with the School's crisis and security communications
- Oversees the design, creation, and distribution of email communications from the Office for Institutional Advancement and provides strategic insight into email communications from key school departments and divisions
- Oversees The Weekly Parent Update school newsletter operation
- Manages third-party, web and social media-related vendors
- Oversees the creative direction, strategy, and production of in-house video and multimedia projects
- Creates and implements annual advertising plan for all of the institution's outreach efforts
- Updates job knowledge by participating in professional development opportunities and reading professional publications while making thoughtful recommendations for the implementation of new social and digital platforms
- Performs other duties as assigned
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, Graphic Design, or a similar discipline
- Five plus years experience, preferably in an educational or non-profit organization
- Demonstrated expertise in social media marketing
- Expert proficiency in creating digital media with Adobe Creative Suite
- A clear understanding of the independent school or education market
- Effective communicator with exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong command of a variety of content management systems (experience with Finalsite Composer and Veracross products a plus)
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly and under tight deadlines and with excellent attention to detail
- Highly resourceful team member with the ability to work proactively and collaboratively, and foster an environment of creativity and innovation
- Lifelong learner eager to stay apprised of the latest digital trends and best practices and learn new skills in the ever-changing landscape of digital and social media
- Adaptive and comfortable in a fast-paced environment
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle and feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear; and engage in moderately strenuous physical activity both indoors and out. The employee may occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions and may frequently walk on slippery or uneven surfaces.
Occasional out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
Westminster is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment. It is Westminster's policy to provide equal employment opportunities and administer terms and conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE/M/F/D/V.
Note: This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees within this classification. This position description should not be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities required or assigned to an employee in this position. Nothing contained in this position description restricts Westminster's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.