The Children’s Services Outreach Specialist is responsible for building relationships with schools and community organizations to promote WHRO services and to schedule, plan, and execute van and other Children’s Services programs. The Children’s Services Outreach Specialist is also responsible for supporting other Children’s Services and Education Services initiatives.
- Coordinate with the Children’s Services team members to schedule the WHRO STEM Van and WHRO Literacy Van.
- Drive vans to various locations and provide programs to expand educational products and services to Title 1 school communities and military families.
- Manage documentation of Literacy, STEM and Environmental Van schedules
- Develop and conduct curriculum-based STEM hands-on activities on location.
- Develop relationships with Schools, Community Centers, Libraries and other community organizations
- Provide on-going trainings for children, and parents at various locations on PBS Kids Resources.
- Align PBS KIDS content to Virginia Standards of Learning.
- Collect research through pre and post evaluations and prepare reports.
- Assist with coordinating the PBS KIDS Writers Contest.
- Coordinate and implement activities for Reading Camps and STEM Camps
- Organize and maintain all; Literacy Program materials and first book inventory
- Provide assistance at defined community WHRO events. (Virginia Children’s Festival,; Junior Division Great Computer Challenge; Read Across America; The Month of the Military Child)
- Other duties as assigned