- Sound news judgement
- Expertise in social media management and ethics
- Ability to create and implement complex plans in cooperation with several departments
- Superior leadership skills
- Knowledge of or ability to quickly learn content management systems
- Ability to manage podcast feeds
- Basic understanding of HTML and photo editing
- Strong SEO knowledge and skills
- A Bachelor’s degree or comparable professional experience in journalism or a related field
- Demonstrated experience with analytics and the ability to analyze reports
- Website management experience
- 3 or more years of experience in audience engagement or social media management
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of digital or graphic design
- Experience creating interactive visualization based on data
- Audio editing or scripting experience
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Communicating with others to exchange information.
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- No adverse environmental conditions expected.
- Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing.
It is WHRO’s policy to provide equal employment, educational and social opportunities for all persons, without regard to race (or traits historically associated with race including hair texture, hair type, and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists), color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation or genetic information. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.