- Must have at least a High School Diploma; Associate’s Degree preferred;
- Must have a thorough knowledge of MS Office, including Excel (at least an intermediate level);
- Must be able to navigate SharePoint;
- A minimum of two years relevant work experience, preferably in a nonprofit social service setting;
- Must be detail-oriented with superior administrative skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills coupled with exceptional people skills;
- Appreciation of Fortune’s work in serving people who have been incarcerated and those who are at risk; and
- We seek talented, dedicated individuals from all walks of life who possess a strong commitment to the Fortune Society’s mission. Relevant life experience is a plus.
Travel Requirements – Requires travel throughout the 5 boroughs to reach out to current and potential new employment partners; depending on clearance ability, may require travel to Rikers Island Correctional Facility.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities and requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensing, experience and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The Fortune Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of conviction history, race, religion/creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status or marital status.