The maintenance technician is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain facilities equipment and systems using proactive, predictive corrective and preventive maintenance practices and processes to support school’s mission and goals.
Supervisor: Maintenance Supervisor
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Position Status: Full-Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt, Regular, 12-month position.
Hours of Work: Standard work week. Evening and weekend work may be required.
- Perform a variety of general maintenance tasks to upkeep buildings and grounds
- Use a variety of hand and power tools to complete maintenance repair and installation tasks
- Utilize the school’s work order system to receive notice of tasks, log completion of tasks, and enter any useful comments concerning the work
- Replaces fuses, ballasts, light bulbs and switches
- Performs preventative maintenance tasks on building equipment and systems
- Performs general plumbing and electrical repairs
- Repair, prep, and paint walls and other surfaces as needed
- Partner with Maintenance Supervisor to coordinate and inspect work of General Maintenance contractors
- Maintains tools and equipment in safe and good working order
- Conducts building walk-through on a regular basis to verify proper functionality and notes/corrects any deficiencies as they relate to safety, building systems, and equipment
- Conducts regular inspections of building systems and equipment; report and/or resolve any issues / deficiencies
- Comply with all safety practices, procedures and rules
- Ensure workshop area is cleaned and organized daily
- Perform other duties as assigned
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of the practices, procedures and safety precautions of the building maintenance trades
- 3-5 years of experience as maintenance technician in the commercial setting
- GED or High School Diploma
- Valid GA Driver’s License
- General set of hand tools is expected to be provided by the employee. Employer will provide specialized tools
- Knowledge and experience with use of hand and power tools
- Customer-service oriented
- Flexible with the willingness to use initiative and handle extra duties as needed
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion; respect and value the different experiences, ideas, and backgrounds others bring to the work environment
- Proven time-management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Work independently or with a team with little supervision while maintaining a high level of performance
- Basic communication skills and working knowledge of the English language; ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, procedure manuals, short correspondence and memos
- Professional and effective use of interpersonal and communication skills; interact with tact and diplomacy
- Basic computer skills with the ability to use an iPad or similar device for completing work orders, checking emails, etc.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; engage in moderately strenuous physical activity both indoors and out; and smell. The employee may frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and may frequently walk on slippery or uneven surfaces. The noise level in the work environment is frequently loud.
Travel is primarily local during the regular business day. Overnight and out-of-area travel may also be required.