Pacific Coast Fruit Company is a local, family owned produce distributor that has proudly served our Pacific Northwest retail, wholesale and food service customers since 1977. We are now one of the largest independent produce distributors in the Northwest with distribution centers in Portland, Oregon and Seattle, Washington.
We are currently seeking an experienced Buyer for our Portland Oregon office.
Position Summary: As a member of our Buying team, this position is responsible for identifying and procuring conventional and organic product for our Retail, Wholesale, and Food Service customers..
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about sourcing the best product available, creating mutually beneficial relationships with growers, and working collaboratively with others to create value for our customers and the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain consistent contact with growers and suppliers.
- Explore sourcing alternatives and new products.
- Communicate consistently and effectively with internal and external partners.
- Recommend and establish strategic sourcing programs specific to customer needs and expectations.
- Work closely with team to ensure we are obtaining the right products, at the best quality available, at the best cost.
- Partner with sales and service managers to support new product/new customer sales.