Shift4 Payments (NYSE: FOUR) is a leading provider of integrated payment processing and technology solutions, delivering a complete omnichannel ecosystem that extends beyond payments to include a wide range of value-added services. The company’s technologies help power over 350 software providers in numerous industries, including hospitality, retail, F&B, e-commerce, lodging, gaming, and many more. With over 7,000 sales partners, the company securely processed more than 3.5 billion transactions annually for over 200,000 businesses in 2019. For more information, visit shift4.com.
- Research and resolve POS integration inquiries from our Resellers/VAR’s
- Research, diagnose, and resolve customer’s issues: strive for first call resolution whenever possible
- Work is very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/troubleshooting skills in an area of specialization.
- Learn deep knowledge of our company’s partners, products, services, and features we offer to field wide variety of support calls
- Some support calls originate from merchants in the hospitality industry that use MICROS and Opera IPOS systems and involve credit card and gift card authorization and settlement support.
- Must understand technical fundamentals of computer systems and/or credit card processing and have the ability to communicate technical instructions and resolution procedures and in a clear and concise manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Listening attentively to customer needs and concerns; while maximizing opportunity to build rapport with the customer and our VAR’s
- Diagnose customer issues through process of elimination by asking probing questions as well as provide resolution by identifying problems & improving performance; researching answers & guiding customers through corrective steps
- Receive & resolve inbound calls, chats, projects, & manage the team caseload.
- Work directly with Vendors and Resellers to resolve any processing issues on both the front/back end integrations
- This position requires employees to maintain cooperative, diplomatic working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, customers, and the public; work as part of a team and collaborate with colleagues; and complete projects under tight deadlines even when there are competing requirements and changes in assignments.
- Keep abreast of software releases, new feature functionality of software, updates, departmental policies and procedures and installation procedures.
- As a Payment Support Technician, you will occasionally be called upon to perform other duties not included in this job description.
- Demonstrate exemplary performance & attendance
- Must be flexible in work hours for 24/7 Call Center needs.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Knowledge of customer service core principles and practices
- Associate’s degree in Computer Information Technology (preferred) and/or a minimum of two years of related technical support experience.
- Experience working with credit card terminals, POS equipment, 3rd party Stage Only VAR’s
- Familiarity with the credit card processing authorization and settlement process as well as major credit card processor auth/settlement file specifications (incl. Vital, PTI, Global, NPC, FDMS, TSYS) and interchange qualification requirements is a plus.
- Experience with Micros/Oracle Systems a plus
- Experience with Microsoft SQL a plus
- Excellent listening, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills with proficient attention to detail
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks at once in a fast-paced call center environment
- Familiarity with Office Suite, Google Sheets, Knowledge Base use, & Excel
- Proficient in relevant computer applications
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus, but not required
Shift4 Payments provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.