Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Ensures that the daily needs of the resident are met and are in accordance with current regulations, policies, and procedures per the state of Missouri and Swope Ridge Geriatric Center.
- Works alongside the interdisciplinary team to ensure the resident is receiving appropriate care based on the resident’s needs.
- Performs necessary documentation, including but not limited to medical forms, care plans, assessments, and charting.
- Follows the nursing process; assesses resident for changes; provides holistic care to the resident; administer ordered medications and treatments within the RN’s scope of practice.
- Communicates with the resident, family, and support system to include the necessary parties in the resident’s care.
- Demonstrates patience, empathy, and respect towards residents and family members/support system as well as co-workers.