Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Provides daily care to the resident based on their needs.
- Assists the resident with lifting, transferring, positioning, feeding, bathing, and grooming based on the individual needs of the resident.
- Ensures that the daily needs of the resident are met and are in accordance with current regulations, policies, and procedures per the state of Missouri and Swope Ridge Geriatric Center.
- Answers call lights promptly and tend to the resident’s requests and needs.
- Performs necessary documentation including but not limited to daily care, weight, grooming, feeding, etc.
- Measures and records vital signs and daily/weekly/monthly weights.
- Assists with the care of a dying resident as well as postmortem care.
- Demonstrates patience, empathy, and respect towards residents and family members/support system as well as co-workers