- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources
- Knowledge or principles and methods for developing and implementing incentive programs
Basic Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Maintain a positive work environment.
- Planning and problem solving skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Time management skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Honesty, integrity, and work ethics.
- Ability to work fluidly and effectively with company’s departments as needed to resolve unspecified issues as they arise.
- Maintain a positive work environment
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written)
- Resourceful problem solving skills
- Perceptive in details
- Customer service skills
- The ability to handle multiple priorities and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Education and Experience:
College degree in any related field or equivalent combination of technical training and/or experience. Minimum five years of experience as a sales Manager, preferably in construction.
This job description is not intended to be all‐inclusive, and employees will also perform other duties as assigned by management as required.
Traffic Management Inc. (TMI) reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Please do not call to check the status of an employment application, we do not give out status updates. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted directly by the recruiter for that position.
Traffic Management Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran or military status. Traffic Management Inc. utilizes the E-Verify program.