• Outgoing, friendly, enthusiastic; enjoys working with the public including children and families.
• Candidate should be comfortable with public speaking and leading groups
• Responsible, committed with exceptional attention to detail and safety.
• Available to work weekends, holidays and occasional evenings.
• Articulate, confident and calm when confronted by uncooperative visitors and when handling emergencies.
• Interest in nature, outdoors, education and or events
• Ability to work unsupervised.
• CPR & First Aid certification, highly desirable.
• Committed to the mission of The Trustees.
• Committed to a great visitor experience and sharing the excitement of Stevens-Coolidge House & Gardens.
• Background check required
• Flexibility to work nights and weekends is required.
• Access to personal vehicle is required.
• Bi-lingual applicants encouraged to apply.
• Variable outdoor weather conditions.
• Ability to lift 40 pounds required.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a seasonal, non-exempt, hourly paid position. This position is based at Stevens-Coolidge House & Gardens in North Andover, MA.
About The Trustees
The Trustees is one of Massachusetts’ largest non-profits and the nation’s first conservation and preservation organization. Today, the places we care about are going fast, and the forces undermining them, including climate change, are moving faster. Our passion is to protect and share with everyone the irreplaceable natural and cultural treasures under our care. We are funded and supported entirely by our visitors, supporters, volunteers, and more than 60,000 member households.
The Trustees has been featured in the Top 100 Women-Led Organizations in Massachusetts for six consecutive years.
In addition to being an Equal Opportunity Employer, The Trustees aims to create a thriving, inclusive workplace that values each member of its team. We aspire to reflect and effectively serve the residents and communities of Massachusetts who are at the core of our mission.
The Trustees is a signer of the Boston Women’s Workforce Council and a Member of the Boston College Center for Work and Family.
We kindly request that you do not call to inquire about the status of your application. Those candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.