We are Girl Scouts of Orange County. We are 30,000 strong – nearly 18,000 girls and 12,000 volunteers and adult members who believe in the power of every girl to change the world. We are champions of girl ambition, fueled by our unstoppable drive to provide every girl, regardless of age, background or ability, the lifechanging benefits Girl Scouts provides her to dream big and do bigger. Girls need the connectivity and sisterhood that Girl Scouts provides for self-expression, discovery, community, and inclusion— now more than ever. And with programs in every OC zip code, we offer every girl fun and inspiring experiences to practice a lifetime of leadership, adventure, and success. Girl Scouts—building girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place.
The Facilities Specialist - Camp Scherman performs general land and building maintenance and repair at a large Girl Scout camp. Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance, physical operations and logistical functions and tasks to ensure camp facilities, infrastructure and equipment function in a safe and efficient manner. Assist with check-in /check-out process for campers. This position is part-time and is expected to end on September 30, 2021.
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance, physical operations and logistical functions and tasks to ensure Camp Scherman’s facilities, infrastructure and equipment function in a safe and efficient manner; coordinating with contractors and vendors as needed.
- Performs ground maintenance duties including pool, two lakes, mowing, brush clearing, road maintenance, trash disposal, erosion control, watering and tree trimming.
- Performs general facility maintenance duties including building repair, carpentry, painting, plumbing, HVAC, electrical, and masonry.
- Performs equipment maintenance and repairs, and minor vehicle maintenance.
- Assists with implementing and complying with the Council’s Illness and Injury Prevention Program and all safety procedures. Provides for the security and safe operations of council facilities and activities.
- Detects problems or concerns and provides timely solutions and recommendations to address or repair issues that arise with the Council’s land, facilities, vehicles, and equipment.
- Additional responsibilities and special projects as assigned.