This nursing position will focus on the occupational health needs of the organization to include administration and monitoring of employee vaccinations, employee fit testing, employee TB testing administration, and weekly testing for employees who have exemption forms for the COVID-19 vaccines. This position will also assist with the post injury packet for any on the job injuries or accidents. In addition to occupational health duties, this nursing position will also serve as a resource to providers and patients and assist in the education and chronic disease management. This position will also assist the Director of Medical Operations in the oversight of the activities of the laboratory and staff assigned to laboratory services.
- Provides occupational health services for the organization to include vaccine administration, fit testing, TB testing, COVID-19 testing and post injury packet completion for on-the-job injuries or accidents.
- Follows up with employees’ providers to obtain physician documentation for worker’s comp.
- Provides guidance to those that are leading the development of and support of health screenings, and the leveraging of additional clinical resources for expanded screenings related to COVID-19.
- Collaborates with clinicians in developing and delivering health information, nursing care and education specific to both acute problems (COVID-19 related) and chronic problems of patients presenting at the clinic (i.e., COVID-19 symptoms and co-morbidities of Diabetes, Hypertension, Back Pain, Diabetic Foot Care, Nutrition, etc.) through evidence-based approaches.
- Engages in transitional care management phone calls for hospital discharged patients with chronic condition management: examples include Sepsis COPD, CHF, Pneumonia, COVID-19
- Assist physicians and advance practice providers with patient counseling including education on new diagnoses, medication, need for upcoming appointments and additional tests (coordination of care)
- Contributes to a professional environment that encourages mentoring, engagement, and development of colleagues.
- Engages in professional, age appropriate, developmentally sensitive, and culturally specific care.
- Maintain records & appropriate documentation in various computer programs, OCHIN EPIC.
- Provides assistance and guidance to members of the laboratory team.
- Other duties as assigned
- Family Health La Clinica is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer.