XL Parts is the fastest growing Direct-to-the-Installer parts supplier in the Houston, Dallas/Ft. Worth and Oklahoma City areas. We carry 120,000 different part numbers covering 175 product lines from dozens of Manufactures.
XL Parts is seeking an experienced Business Development Account Manager to visit, call and manage existing accounts in the Houston metro area, as well as prospect for new opportunities to increase market share
- Reach out to assigned customer base via phone
- Develop and grow sales within assigned customer base
- Grow market share and sales revenue with existing customers, including overall increase in active customers that purchase at least once per month.
- Reactivate customers with zero purchases
- Identify potential for sales appointments, competitor conquest and permanent assignment within sales channels (customer migration)
- Cultivate lasting relationships with account base
- Set up frequency of calls and contact points
- Gather and maintain customer profile information
- Effectively identify sales opportunities through effective discovery
- Maintain clear records in CRM
- Review Sales Reports daily
- Be aware of individual performance plan
- Create action plan to react to declining sales customers
- Utilize sales data to develop pre-call planning
- Effectively promote monthly specials and sales promotions
- Effectively promote value added services (on-line ordering, TGTR, Training Clinics, MyXLP etc.)
- Work cooperatively with store / operations personnel to improve customer service and resolve customer issues
Sales Calls / Call Reports
- Conduct outbound phone calls within established sales protocol
- QCRs - Fully document all sales call visits via OnePlace immediately after each visit or phone conversation
Attendance / Work Schedule / Territory Management
- In the office calling on assigned customer base an average of eight hours per day 5 days per week
- Visit accounts 2 days per month to establish long lasting relationships
- Effectively evaluate each assigned customer
- Availability of 8:00am to 5:30pm. Workdays Monday – Friday
- Attend meetings, clinics and association functions as scheduled
- Assist with AR Collections when needed
- Complete all projects that are assigned to you by your supervisor
- 3-5 year experience with XL Parts (sales role preferred)
- Knowledge of Auto Parts or automotive industry
- Experience in Outside sales or Account Management
- Valid driver license and Insurance
- Must have your own vehicle
Physical Demands: Typical 9-hour day to include Phone calls, driving and frequent computer or iPad usage for call reports. To perform the duties of this job the employee must have a clean driving record be able to sit for long periods of time. Occasional heavy lifting of 50lbs or more may be required.
Compensation: The compensation consists of Salary plus monthly paid bonus.
Benefits: We offer a competitive pay rate and benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance; prescription drug coverage, disability benefits, life insurance, 401k, confidential Employee Assistance program; sick time, holidays and vacation time.