Skills and Qualifications
- Two years’ experience working in a non-profit accounting environment
- A minimum of two years’ experience with a payroll application such as ADP, Paycom, Paychex
- Competency in using accounting software, e.g. Solomon, Mas90, Avila, or Great Plains
- Knowledge of basic payroll best practices and employment law relating to payroll processing
- Knowledge of accounting rules, regulations, policies and procedures
- Experience with Microsoft Office (intermediate Excel and Word)
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with high attention to detail and deadline driven
- Ability to work and cooperate as a team member with all levels within the organization
- Excellent attendance and customer service skills
- Demonstrate a commitment to recognize and respect the many forms of diversity
- Have reliable form of transportation, CA driver’s license, a good driving record for past 5 years, and proof of insurance
- Strong organizational, analytical and time management skills.
- Excellent oral communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent dependability including attendance and punctuality
- Commitment to recognize and respect the many forms of diversity
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds; lift, move and organize files
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule and travel as required.
- Promote organizational culture and community statement:
The Girl Scouts Heart of Central California Community Statement
We are a community who wants as many girls as possible to be Girl Scouts.
Our community is girl-centric and performance-driven.
As a collective, we care about each other, are sincere and relational with a strong sense of purpose.
As a member of this community I have certain responsibilities:
I am accountable for individual, team and organizational goals.
- I am committed to quality.
- I collaborate when appropriate, am solutions-oriented and thoughtfully solve problems with a sense of urgency.
- I am able to find a balance between shared and trusted procedures and innovative ideas in order to work effectively and efficiently.
- I am a professional and exhibit ethical behavior, skills and knowledge competence and leadership development.
- I challenge my fears and demonstrate courage.
- I contribute to an environment of inclusivity, belonging and fun.