POSITION GOAL: As a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team, the LPN provides quality care to the residents and supervises the nursing activities performed by the CNA’s, in accordance with current federal, and state regulations and the established policies and procedures of Burton Court.
ENVIRONMENT: Over the past 20 years, Blakeford has established itself as the premier provider of solutions for seniors in Nashville and the Middle Tennessee region. From its beginnings as a single-site, continuing care retirement community, Blakeford has evolved into the innovative leader in long-term care for the area. Along with our CARF-CCAC accredited lifestyle and health services community, Blakeford at Green Hills, the organization also includes our CARF-CCAC accredited home and community services provider, Blakeford at Home, as well as our “continuing-care-without-walls” offering, LiveWell by Blakeford. Under the auspices of a visionary board of directors, teamed with a long-tenured executive leadership team, Blakeford is poised to continue to expand its mission of serving seniors and their loved ones by fulfilling our Service Vision of “Exemplary Service…Every Time!”.
ORGANIZATIONAL VALUES: Based upon a core value of Integrity which Blakeford defines as “Doing the right thing every time”,
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES: The LPN:
- Finds opportunities for our residents and associates to have a well lived life
- Under the direction of the Administrator, directs the day-to-day functions of the nursing assistants in accordance with current regulations and policies of Burton Court.
- Admits, transfers, and discharges residents, as needed with the guidance of the Administrator and Lead Nurse.
- Charts notes in an informative and descriptive manner that reflects the care provided to the resident, as well as the resident’s response to care.
- Prepares and administers medications, as ordered by the Physician.
- Disposes of drugs and narcotics as required and in accordance with established procedures; ensure the narcotic records are accurate for your shift.
- Requisitions and arranges for diagnostic and therapeutic services, as ordered by the physician and in accordance with established procedures.
- Transcribes physician orders in a timely and accurate manner, and in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Make periodic checks to ensure that prescribed treatments are being properly administered by certified nursing assistants and to evaluate the resident’s physical and emotional status.
- May administer professional services such as; catheterization, tube feedings, suction, applying and changing dressings/bandages, packs, colostomy and drainage bags, taking blood, and care for the dead/dying, as required.
- Take and records TPR’s and blood pressures, as necessary.
- Ensures that assigned work areas are maintained in a clean, safe and sanitary manner. Monitors CNA’s to ensure that they practice Universal Precautions and safety regulations in the use of equipment and supplies.
- Review resident care plans for appropriate resident goals, problems, approaches and revisions based on nursing needs.
- Assist as necessary in our Blakeford Independent Living and Woodcrest Skilled Nursing Facility
- Interacts with co-workers, physicians, residents and all other customers in a manner which encourages harmonious working relationships, enhances the image and reputation of the facility and promotes positive customer relations.
- Supports the facility’s mission statement by dependability in attendance, punctuality, maintaining confidentiality, the timely completion of assignments, and attention to principles of professional ethics and quality service.
- Has a commitment to professional and personal growth through development of skills and knowledge, as well as improvement in the facility’s performance.
- Ensures the rights, dignity and confidentiality of all residents is maintained.
- Effectively communicate resident changes and needs to the Administrator.
- All other duties as assigned by the Administrator
SUPERVISION & LEADERSHIP:
Provides limited supervision to others through motivation, direction, review and feedback of assigned tasks.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
College degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school and six months to one-year experience in a long term care setting.
Memory Care experience preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB:
LPN Licensure by the State of Tennessee
SKILLS REQUIRED TO SUCCESSFULLY ACCOMPLISH THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB:
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze and interpret business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups or managers, residents, and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to work with mathematical concepts, such as statistics. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical solutions.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of practical problems.
COMPUTER OPERATIONS: Basic computer skills