Do you have experience working with adults with disabilities? Do you want to have a positive impact on the lives of people with disabilities by providing them with opportunities in the community? Are you looking for a full-time position with benefits? Easterseals Adult Day Services may be the answer. We’re looking for compassionate caregivers to assist adults on community outings. Check out the qualifications below to see if you’re qualified. Don’t forget the generous holiday and PTO package!
Easterseals Western and Central Pennsylvania is a non-profit organization providing programs and services to individuals with disabilities and other special needs. Our Adult Day Services is looking to hire a Disability Program Specialist, Community Participation.
- Master’s degree or above from an accredited college or university and 1 year of work experience working directly with individuals with disabilities; or
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and 2 years of work experience working directly with individuals with disabilities; or
- Associate’s degree or 60 credit hours from an accredited college or university and 4 years of work experience working directly with individuals with disabilities.
- A valid PA Driver’s license and satisfactory driving record required.
- Acceptable Criminal Record and Child Abuse Clearance required.
- Department of Aging FBI Clearance required if not a continuous resident of PA for three years prior to employment with Easterseals.
- Passing of physical examination and TB required.
- Note: a copy of the degree or college transcripts must be provided and retained in the personnel file per regulations.
JOB SUMMARY-PROGRAM SPECIALIST COMMUNITY PARTICIPATION
The Program Specialist will be responsible for the implementation, evaluation and documentation of therapeutic programming in facility and community participation supports settings for the participants in the Adult Day Service program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES-PROGRAM SPECIALIST COMMUNITY PARTICIPATION
1. Build and maintain relationships with community partners that provide opportunities for individuals to develop hobbies, leisure/cultural interests, or to promote personal health and wellness.
2. Develop community inclusion activities. Increase the individuals' opportunity to build connections and social networks within the local community by including participation in the community activities, groups, associations or clubs.
3. Facilitate individual choice to assist the member in developing and sustaining a range of valued social roles and relationships. Assist them in building natural supports, increasing independence and experiencing meaningful community participation and inclusion.
4. Participate in the development of the participant's goals and outcomes.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position working 40 hours per week. The hourly rate is $17.00. Regular hours are 8am-4pm. The benefit package is valued at $6,000 and includes health, dental, vision, and ancillary insurances, paid time off and eligibility for our retirement plan.
Why Work For Us?
- We have a great team of people who care and it shows!
If you are interested in working for a quality organization helping others grow in their lives and abilities, please consider applying for this position!
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST!
Easterseals is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, use of medical marijuana or protected Veteran status.