Easterseals Western and Central Pennsylvania is a non-profit organization providing programs and services to individuals both with and without disabilities/special needs celebrating over 100 years! Our Child Development Center is looking to hire a nurturing Assistant Pre-K Teacher to work in our toddler classroom. Our staff is a caring and closely knit group. Come join our team! We are offering a 1k sign on bonus payable in 2 equal increments of $500 at the completion of of 3 and 6 months. We also offer employees a 50% discount on childcare.
JOB SUMMARY-ASSISTANT TEACHER:
The Assistant Teacher is responsible for assisting in implementing an on-going educational program that contributes to the care, growth and development of the children in an assigned classroom(s) and throughout the center.
· Associates degree in Child Development (preferably with major in Early Childhood Education, Special Education, or related educational field); OR
· Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential obtained through the Council for Professional Recognition (or currently actively in process of obtaining credentialing); OR
· HS diploma, or GED, and 2 years’ work experience with children required.
· Prior experience in working with children (ages birth to 8) preferred.
· Acceptable Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Clearance and Department of Human Services FBI Clearance required.
· Acceptable results from the National Sex Offender website.
· Passing of physical examination and TB required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES-ASSISTANT TEACHER
· Plan learning activities within established classroom centers and with the Lead Teacher.
· Implement prepared lessons and activities in small and large group settings throughout the program day.
· Assist student with managing all parts of the program day including: transitions between activities, meals, toileting/diapering & washing hands, structured activities etc.
The Assistant Teachers are full-time positions, M-F 8:30 am-5:30 pm, 40 hours per week with one hour unpaid lunch. The hourly rate is $12.50. The position comes with an excellent benefit package valued at an additional $6K per year (health, dental and vision coverage, retirement savings plan, paid time off, life and disability insurance.)
WHY WORK FOR US?
Easterseals Child Development Center participates within the Keystone STARS program and is recognized as a Star 4 facility, the programs highest rating. Staff at STARS centers are eligible for additional benefits. If you are looking for a great career opportunity to further the lives of young children, then please consider this position. Our kids ROCK!
Easterseals is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, use of medical marijuana or protected Veteran status.